Palmer Township Header

Town Hall History

At the Annual Township Meeting of March 1913, the Town Board recommended that the residents raise $850.00 for the purchase of a site and the building of Town Hall.

 

At the Annual Township Meeting of March 16, 1914, it was determined hire the work of the foundation. The dimensions of the foundation and frame were set and materials chosen. Building specifications were decided, pitch of the roof, number of windows, color of the building and trim, etc. The building was accepted on May 16, 1914.

 

The total cost of the Old Town Hall including, lamps, curtains , tables and chairs, flag pole and cleaning was $557.06.

 

The above information was drawn from the Clerk’s minute books.